First of all, if you do have a pan card, well then your work is done. But if you don’t have one yet, its time you apply for a pan card. And unlike before you really don’t have to worry about travelling all that far to apply for a pan card. You can do it right at home.
All you need is a good internet connection and a little guidance(which we’ll provide through this blog) to help you get a PAN card within less than a month. Check out the online way to apply for Indian pan card online
But what is a PAN card ?
A PAN card or Permanent Account Number card is a nationalized identity card that is given to the authorized individual. It is the Income Tax Department that allocated this 19 digit alphanumeric and unique account number to a tax paying person, company or HUF(Hindu Undivided Family). Also, the PAN has a lifetime validity.
How can I apply for a PAN card online ?
In order to apply for a PAN card online, you can do it by entering any one of these 2 websites – NSDL website or UTIITSL website. Both the websites have been authorized by the government of India to issue the PAN or even make the necessary changes/ corrections in the PAN card on behalf of the Income Tax Department.
Is the online process easy ?
The online process may be the least complicated way of getting a PAN card. The applicant only has to fill and submit the online application form along with online payment of the required processing fee. The copies of required documents can then be sent by post to either NSDL or UTIITSL for verification purposes.
What are the steps to go through when filling the details for PAN online ?
- The first step for PAN application online is to visit either the UTIISL website or the NSDL website and then click the ‘New Pan” option.
- Next, choose the Form 49A that is available for the Indian citizens. This includes the NRE, NRI and OCL individuals also.
- The applicant should then fill in all the essential PAN card details that are required from him to fill in the form. These include personal details like the full name of the applicant, residential address, birth date, applicant’s gender, contact details and the income of the individual.
- After the details are filled in the form, the applicant must submit the form and pay a certain amount of money which is treated as the processing fee.
- A proper print out of the form has to be taken along with an acknowledgement number consisting of 15 digits.
- The applicant is then required to put his/her signature in the allotted space in the form.
- The individual is then supposed to attach certain mandatory documents along with the 15 digit acknowledgement provided to him. These are-
- A passport size of the photograph of the applicant himself.
- Identity proof like – Aadhaar card. Driver’s license etc.
- Address proof of the applicant where the is presently residing.
- Demand draft if the applicant wishes to make payment through DD.
- After the applicant successfully submits the PAN card application online, all of the above-mentioned documents are to be sent to the NDSL office by post within a period of 15 working days.
After successfully going through all these steps, the applicant will receive the PAN card via post within the next 15 days.
In case if an individual isn’t able to make a PAN card application online, the next option the can for is doing it offline at any of the district level PAN agencies. The offline method for PAN application consists of the following steps –
In the case of an offline application of PAN card, the applicant has 2 options. Firstly they can apply by downloading the PAN card application form available on the NSDL or UTIISL website. they can also get the application form from various available agents of UTIISL.
Next, the applicant should fill in all the desired details and provide them alongside several important documents. The documents required for PAN card are as follows –
- A passport size of the PAN card applicant
- Identity proof of the applicant( Aadhaar card, Driver’s license, voter’s ID)
- Address proof of the applicant’s current residence.
Later the applicant must submit the filled out PAN card form along with the supporting documents to the office of NDSL. The applicant also has to make a certain payment as a processing fee of the application process.
Just like the online method, if all the steps are carried out properly along with the PAN card verification process then the PAN card issuance process takes place and the applicant will receive the PAN card within the next 15 days to the person’s residence as given in the application form.
If you’re looking for genuine PAN card services, check out the services provided by BHARATH International. Their services include Free Collection and Delivery, Document tracking status, payment after delivery services and insured documents.